Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Parker's Blessing


This family pic is from the 12th of october, just after sacrament. Jared delivered a beautiful blessing to our little Parker. The spirit was so strong and I know that everyone present could not deny the wonderful gift the spirit brings. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband who values his priesthood. It was a wonderful day that we were able to enjoy with both of our families. It was the first time I cooked for so many people and we all ate so much. I have to brag a little bit because I was so scared that everything wouldn't turn out. Jared got up at 3:30 AM just to turn on the crock pots. They both had 8 pounds of meat in them each. But it all turned out great. We got back from church and the meat was perfect. It went great with my mom's creamy potato salad. My personal favorite. The store bought kind can do my mom's recipe no justice. X-) Thanks to everyone that helped. I think the best thing was homeade ice cream. We are alittle addicted to ice cream at our house. Ginger brought her ice cream maker over so we would have enough. Sure it eas really loud with 2 ice cream makers cranking away. But so worth it. Especially with Mom Organ's yummy texas sheet cake. My dad was sure they were brownies but we corrected him. X-) We feel so blessed to have the support of our families. I know that the gospel is true and I know that we are blessed according to our obedience and faith. Thank you to our family and friends for being there for Parker's blessing. It means so much to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your family is so cute. We sure do love you guys. I miss you coming to hang out on Sundays to get out of the trailor. The blessing was so great and your right the food was awesome!!