Monday, May 18, 2009

No eggs, No Problem!

Aren't they so sweet! Tanner really is so good with Parker. He wants to do everything with him. He was reading to him and Sunday Morning last week while I tried to finish getting ready. Such a sweetie pie!
Parker sure loves our dog. He is quite fascinated at him when he looks out he window.

Jared took Tanner to the father's and son's campout this last friday. Tanner was so excited to be able to go again this year. He even got to play hooky from school and leave that morning. They went with Jared's dad and two of his brothers. They have so much fun together. I love Jared's family. They are all so awesome and Tanner loves having lots of cousins. I love that we all get together every month too. It's so nice to live close by each other.

Ha ha. Jared caught Tanner picking his nose.



Here is a few pics of Parker. We played by ourselves while Jared and Tanner were gone. Parker is everywhere! He loves to stand by this window because he can see our dog Dollar. Yes Dollar is an outside dog. He likes it. Let's move on. Parker has also been walking with this cute lion toy that Amber gave us. It sings and makes noises and he loves it. He has gotten pretty good with it. I just love all his smiles he has for me.







So this is the no eggs part of the post.

So I wanted to make cookies, because well I make cookies every week. I like to say it's for Jared and Tanner, but really I have a wicked sweet tooth that takes over my whole being. Anyways, I didn't realize I was out of eggs! And it was sunday so going to the store was out of the question. I ended up making some premade cookie dough that I bought from some kid for a fundraiser. I have to say I had higher expectations for my money. Premade just does not compare. Oh well, the boys ate them and I sent the rest to school with Tanner. So today I was remembering that I saw a recipe that didn't use eggs on I blog I frequent. Then I realized I didn't have any sweetened condensed milk, but wait I can make my own! I also have like 6 boxes of Graham crackers for no reason other than I heart Costco and like to buy mass quantities of different things. I knew they would come in handy for something. Now what to do with the other 5 and a half boxes.......So anyways i whipped some sweetened condensed milk up in my trusty blender and the cookies were fabulous. Very chewy and had lots of texture. I never put coconut in cookies but I liked it in these. I know I don't usually post recipes but these were very unique and easy. I love trying new cookie recipes.

Chocolate Chip Treasure Cookies



1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk(I made my own)
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cups coconut
2 cups (1 package) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts, chopped


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder. In a large bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk and butter until smooth. Add graham cracker crumb mixture; mix well. Stir in coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. (I used a silpat.) Bake 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. (I baked mine about 12 minutes and they were perfect.)

5 comments:

ME said...

How did you make your own sweetened condensed milk? I was going to make some caramel popcorn on Sunday & didn't have that one ingredient, so I made cookies instead. Dang! I had no idea you could make it!

Katie said...

Sorry-I guess I should have posted that.

Sweetened Condensed Milk

1/2 cup hot water
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp butter

Blend well. 1-2 minutes. This is the same as 1 can.

Jenna said...

Those cookies are so good! I just ate 4 of them for breakfast! I love that you make cookies every week cause you always share with me!:) Parker looks so big walking with that lion, I've never seen him do that! And I love the pic of Tanner picking his nose, he's so funny! I'm glad they had fun camping!

MaRiN said...

Crazy! I never knew you could make your own sweetened condensed milk. Good to know. I'm going to have to give these cookies a try, thanks for sharing!

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

didn't try to make these yet, but i KNOW they are good because all the recipes i have from you turn out great! you are such a chef, can't wait to try these... i am always out of eggs :)